Reports & publications
This is the page where you can find reports and publications about FCA and the Farm Credit System. For publications more than five years old, check out our report archives.
FCA annual reports on the Farm Credit System provide information on the financial condition and performance of the System. Since Congress has mandated that FCA ensure that young, beginning, and small (YBS) farmers and ranchers have access to FCS lending, these reports also include YBS lending data.
To help the agency thoroughly understand the risks facing farmers, ranchers, and the Farm Credit System, our economists continually monitor conditions in the U.S. farm economy, the nation’s general economy, and the global economy.
They produce economic and policy reports that provide valuable perspective for our policy analysts, examiners, and leaders. These reports may also be of interest to individuals outside the agency.
This web page contains a list of many of the reports prepared by our economists over the past few years.
- Quarterly Report on Conditions in Agriculture and the Farm Credit System (PDF), Dec. 13, 2018
- Quarterly Report on Conditions in Agriculture and the Farm Credit System (PDF), Sept. 13, 2018
- Major U.S. Agricultural Export Markets: China, Canada, and Mexico (PDF), March 26, 2018
- Price Triggers for Farm Programs (PDF), March 5, 2018
- Cost of Production Trends for Grain and Soybean Producers (PDF), Feb. 8, 2018
- Economic Conditions Affecting the Farm Credit System (PDF), Dec. 14, 2017
- Crop Insurance Covers Most Major Crops (PDF), Sept. 28, 2017
- Why We Are Not Facing Another 1980s-Style Farm Sector Crisis (PDF), Aug. 1, 2017
- Margin Protection: Insurance for Managing Crop Margin Risk (PDF), July 19, 2017
- The Malthusian Miscalculation: A World Awash in Grains and Soybeans (PDF), Oct. 24, 2016
- Ag Loan Volume Grows at Farm Banks; Loan Quality Is Declining (PDF), Sept. 30, 2016
- Understanding the Profit Outlook for the 2016 U.S. Corn Crop (PDF), Aug. 31, 2016
- Louisiana Flood Impacts and Managing Farm Risk (PDF), Aug. 24, 2016
- July 2016 Crop Margin Report (PDF), July 15, 2016
- Brexit — Implications of the UK’s Decision to Leave the European Union (PDF), July 5, 2016
- Agricultural Policy Change in China: Trip Overview by U.S. Delegation (PDF), June 14, 2016
- Report on Economic Conditions Affecting Agriculture and Update on Farm Credit System Condition (PDF), June 9, 2016
- U.S. Agricultural Trade Under Fire (PDF), April 19, 2016
- Update on U.S. Farm Equipment Trends (PDF), March 22, 2016
- Farm Program Price Protection to Decline Sharply After 2016 Crop Year (PDF), March 1, 2016
- U.S. Agriculture Exports: Recent Trends and Commodity Exposure to International Trade (PDF), Jan. 12, 2016
- Farm Debt Grows as Incomes Fall (PDF), Dec. 18, 2015
- U.S. Agricultural Exports: Key Destinations and Country Concentration Risk (PDF), Sept. 29, 2015
- U.S. Agricultural Trade: Recent Developments and Outlook (PDF), Sept. 25, 2015
- The Importance of Agriculture Exports to U.S. Trade and the Farm Economy (PDF), Sept. 9, 2015
The Role of Farm Credit System Nominating Committees, a brochure describing the responsibilities of bank and association nominating committees in the director nomination process. Also available in Spanish (PDF).
- Flood disaster protection
- Related services list (FCA regulation 618, subpart A)
- Stress testing best practices as of August 23, 2010 (PDF)
- Criminal referral form (PDF)
This report provides detailed information about what we have done over each 12-month period and how well we have carried out our mission. This document meets the reporting requirements of the Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990, the Government Performance and Results Act of 1993, and other statutes.
From fiscal years 1999 through 2002, this report also included information on the financial condition and performance of the Farm Credit System. In 2003, FCA began publishing information on the System’s condition and performance as a separate report titled the FCA Annual Report on the Farm Credit System.
The Farm Credit Administration is committed to using its resources wisely and in a sustainable manner. Although FCA is a small, nonappropriated agency with fewer than 300 employees, we will do our part to reduce the federal government’s greenhouse gas emissions. We will also comply with applicable environmental and energy statutes, regulations, and executive orders and other federal initiatives.
Following are FCA's sustainability plans since 2010:
- FCA 2016 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2015 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2014 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2013 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2012 Strategic Sustainability Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2011 Sustainability Plan (PDF)
- FCA 2010 Sustainability Plan (PDF)
About the System
- FCS major financial indicators
- Mission-Related Investments Update, August 2010 (PDF)
- FCA Symposium on Consolidation in the Farm Credit System
- Semiannual Report on Office of Examination Operations (PDF), Dec. 13, 2018
- FCA Fiscal Year 2019 Proposed Budget and Performance Plan (PDF)
- FCA Strategic Plan, FY 2018–2023 (PDF)
- FCA Information Resources Management Strategic Plan, FY 2018–2022 (PDF)
- FY 2008 FCA Annual Reporting Under E-Government Act of 2002 (PDF)
- Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey Results, 2018 (PDF)
- Statement on Farm Credit Administration's Climate Change Adaptation Policy (PDF)
- Plan for Retrospective Analysis of Existing Rules (PDF)