Statute: 1971 ACT AS AMENDED
Title: Title I Farm Credit Banks
U.S. Code Citation: 12 U.S.C. 2019
12 U.S.C. 2019 SEC. 1.11. PURPOSES FOR EXTENSIONS OF CREDIT.
(a) AGRICULTURAL OR AQUATIC PURPOSES.
(1) IN GENERAL. Loans made by a Farm Credit Bank to farmers, ranchers, and producers or harvesters of aquatic products may be for any agricultural or aquatic purpose and other credit needs of the applicant, including financing for basic processing and marketing directly related to the applicant's operations and those of other eligible farmers, ranchers, and producers or harvesters of aquatic products, except that the operations of the applicant shall supply some portion of the total processing or marketing for which financing is extended.
(2) LIMITATION ON LOANS FOR BASIC PROCESSING AND MARKETING OPERATIONS. The aggregate of the financing provided by any Farm Credit Bank for basic processing and marketing directly related to the operations of farmers, ranchers, and producers or harvesters of aquatic products, if the operations of the applicant supply less than 20 percent of the total processing or marketing for which financing is extended, shall not exceed 15 percent of the total of all outstanding loans of such bank.
(b) RURAL HOUSING FINANCING.
(1) IN GENERAL. Loans and discounts may be made to rural residents for rural housing financing under regulations of the Farm Credit Administration.
(2) LIMITATIONS. Rural housing financed under this title shall be for single-family, moderate-priced dwellings and their appurtenances not inconsistent with the general quality and standards of housing existing in, or planned or recommended for, the rural area where it is located, except that a Farm Credit Bank may not at any one time have a total amount of loans outstanding for such rural housing to persons other than farmers or ranchers in amounts exceeding 15 percent of the total of all loans outstanding in such bank.
(3) RURAL AREAS. For rural housing purposes under this section the term "rural areas" shall not be defined to include any city or village having a population in excess of 2,500 inhabitants.
(c) FARM-RELATED SERVICES.
(1) IN GENERAL. Loans to persons furnishing farm-related services to farmers and ranchers directly related to their on-farm operating needs may be made for the necessary capital structures and equipment and initial working capital for such services.
(2) FACILITIES. The banks may own and lease, or lease with option to purchase, to persons eligible for credit under this title or title II, equipment or facilities needed in the operations of such persons.
[FCA Home | FCA Handbook]