FCS Diversity and Inclusion - PROPOSED RULE - MARCH 2011
Dear Mr. Van Meter,
Thank you for this opportunity to provide comment on ways the FCS can better serve small and midsized, local and regional food producers. I strongly support your efforts to diversify the FCS loan portfolio and would ask that you include the following:
1. An investment goal for local and regional food producers of not less than 10% of each institution’s capital within 5 years.
2. A plan for conducting outreach to local and regional food producers.
3. A requirement that such an outreach plan and periodic progress reports be made public.
4. A commitment to adding local and regional food producers to the FCS board.
5. A plan for providing staff development training to FCS personnel across the full spectrum of lending, accounting, farm transfer and business planning services appropriate for serving local and regional food producers.
6. A plan for developing lending and business support products with terms and benefits appropriate for local and regional food producers.
Thank you for your time and attention.
Sincerely, Lisa Weissenbuehler
Lisa Weissenbuehler 6362 W Wilshire Blvd Apt. E Oklahoma City, OK 73132